Enter your details below to stay up-to-date with the latest IT solutions and security measures.
For those of us worried about our web browsing being tracked and malicious scripts being executed on our browsers there are several add-ons to browsers that can help make you more secure and keep your activities private.
- Adblock Plus is an add-on that blocks adverts and popups. It can also stop malvertising infections. Not only that, but it can block advertising and social media trackers.
- Blur has the function to be a password manager and generator. It again helps block trackers and can encrypt data such as passwords.
- Disconnect is another form of tracker blocker. An added advantage of blocking these trackers is websites load faster and consume less bandwidth.
- DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials is a tool that as opposed to Google, disables search history and blocks hidden third-party trackers. It also tries to ensure you use HTTPS over an HTTP site. It also rates many site privacy policies from A-F.
- Ghostery is another ad blocker that does its best to stop your activities being tracked.
- HTTPS Everywhere rewrites all your HTTP requests to websites as HTTPS instead, to ensure you are using encrypted communication.
- Privacy Badger is another privacy tool that tries to stop your activities being tracked.