Go Green to Feed the Need
We’ll turn your e-waste into school lunches
Donate your e-waste to support Feed the Need.
Protect our environment and feed NZ kids – going green never felt so good!
Feed the Need operates because passionate people in our community believe every child deserves the opportunity to learn, thrive and become amazing.
Here’s your chance to help make a difference to our environment and NZ kids who go without lunch.
We will collect your unwanted electronics for free, erase the hard drives if required and sell, dispose or donate the equipment.
A not for profit initiative by NSP.
We’re not the only company who collects and recycles electronics, but we are the only ones who give all profits to a good cause – Feed the Need.
That’s e-recycling with a difference
Who we Are
- Our philosophy is to recycle or reuse unwanted electronics, to minimise the impact on our environment and maximise the good we can do in our community
- A not for profit initiative by NSP
- Ethical and responsible recycling
- Supporting a very important NZ cause
Why should you recycle?
- Donating or recycling consumer electronics conserves our natural resources and avoids air and water pollution, as well as greenhouse gas emissions that are caused by manufacturing virgin materials.
- Contains valuable materials including precious materials such as gold, copper, also some toxic substances such as lead and mercury which could be harmful to our health & the environment if disposed of wrongly.
- NZ proud of its clean green reputation, but we all need to act to keep it this way
Why Choose Us?
- We are the only e-cycling business who gives all profits to a good cause – Feed the Need
- We are an IT service provider, so well qualified to understand the importance of safe and secure data destruction
- We come to you, collect your unwanted electronics and recycle them
- We’ll turn up on time we’ll collect (and lift) all the e-waste from your premises
- We’ll raise and present you with a Certificate to confirm your unwanted electronics have been environmentally dispose of.
What we Do / Services
- The process of Asset recovery applies to items that are under 4-5 years old, and in working condition, these items will be separated out and refurbished for potential remarketing, any money made from the remarketed items will then be donated to the Feed-the-Need foundation to provide additional lunches to school goers
- For the asset recovery process HHD are not destroyed but rather undergo a guaranteed data destruction swiping ( 3x or 7x pass) and are then reformatted in the recovery process.
Hard drive data destruction services
- Unwanted drives containing sensitive data can be completely destroyed via a crusher, presenting you with a video file to confirm all information has been completely destroyed.
- We securely and completely erase all data from your equipment to protect you, your staff and customers*
All data is removed according to US Department of Defence Standards (DOD Method. / industry standard US DoD 5220.22-M which is a 3 pass full data erase.**
(We have a Zero Landfill policy, therefore some items may require special handeling to meet this policy, and may have a Processing fee applied. A full breakdown of applicable fees can be made avaialble on request)
Accurate Reporting and Audit trail
- Receipt, acknowledge, report.
- All waste is recorded and documented with a clear audit trail.
- Serial, asset or tag number or by headcount, every collection is concluded with appropriate certification.***
Use online form to tell us:
- the address
- preferred time of collection
- what you are disposing of
- if hard drive destruction, erasure is required
We’ll phone to confirm collection
Standard Colleciton fee $80 – (Dependant on Location and Quantity additonal fees may apply)
Data Destruction Fee(s) – To ensure that drives are destroyed correctly and as part of the zero lanfill policy there is a $3/per fee added to the physical destruction of all Harddrives ( This excludes Data Wiping which is at no charge)
* Formatting charged at $30 per hour
**US DOD 5220.22-M 3 pass full data erase quote provided on quantity of drives ( 7 pass also available /additonal fees apply)
*** Serial Asset or tag number documentation $30 per hour